Sunday, January 20, 2013

I got a job!

Hi all,

Amazingly enough, I received a full-time teaching job soon after graduating from Willamette University with my MAT. I say amazingly, not because I doubt my ability as a teacher, but I am realistic about the economy I am living in and am much appreciative of my position. I have been co-teaching 3rd grade at a charter school in East Portland for the past six months. Not surprisingly, I haven't had the time to begin blogging about my experience. So far things have been running fairly smoothly. Some highlights have been: succeeding at turning a difficult group (we teach all academic areas in small groups) into a very enjoyable part of my day, "building" brains in natural world, watching my kids participate in dance during rainy PE days (often in Oregon) and hosting a "minute to win it" party for the holidays. Some struggles have been: difficult academic groups, exercising my patience and a lack of time in the day to complete to do lists.

Please continue or begin reading along while I continue trying to improve as a teacher. 2012 was an exciting year filled with a lot of hard work; so far 2013 isn't proving to be much different!

2 comments: